RULES & REGULATIONS
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS
1. The college gives utmost priority for discipline and every one, student or staff, is bound to follow the rules and regulations of the college and maintain strict discipline.
2. Under disciplinary action, the principal/director/HOD (in power) is empowered to fine, suspend or even expel a student from the college in the interests of the institution.
3. Students are not permitted to possess or use Mobile Phones inside the college campus. If found, they may be penalized by Rs 100/-.
4. Browsing is not allowed during lab hours. Staff and students are not allowed to misuse the internet facilities.
5. No one will be allowed to listen to Music from any device inside the college campus.
6. Every Student shall conduct himself / herself in such a way to cause no disturbance to the working of the classes or to fellow students.
7. Ragging, consuming alcohol and smoking are strictly prohibited in the hostel and college campus.
8. No function shall be arranged by the students in the hostel or college campus without prior permission from the principal/HOD/Hostel incharge.
9. Students are not allowed to exchange greeting cards, photographs, gift articles or letters, with Students of opposite sex.
10. Writing on walls, pillars, bath rooms, furniture or black boards is strictly prohibited. If caught may be penalized.
11. Eating snacks / taking lunch inside the common-rooms/corridors are not permitted.
12. The cost of any damage, if caused to college property will be charged to the accounts of the students responsible for the damage in addition to disciplinary action.
13. Students are advised to switch off fans and lights when they leave the class rooms.
18. Students must have to take without fail all the necessary items such as hall ticket, admit card, pen, pencil, calculator, Scale, rubber, etc., to the test / exam hall.
19. Students will not engage in any immoral examinations.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR LIBRARY
1. Silence must be observed in the Library.
2. Personal belongings are not allowed inside the Library.
3. Every student of the college is eligible for membership of the Library,
4. The Library can be utilized by the students and staff within library hours on working days (As per routine).
5. All students should sign the entry register of the Library, before entering.
6. Books borrowing limit: Student — 1.
7. Principal is empowered to increase additional issue of books to whomever he feels necessary.
8. Borrower’s tickets are not transferable.
9. Books are to be handled very carefully. If a book is lost by the student, he/she shall replace the book (same title, author and edition) or shall pay double the cost of the book as fine (Within 10 days).
10. Members before leaving the issue counter must satisfy themselves as to whether the books which they intend to borrow are in good condition and any damage should be immediately. Reported to the libranan or library staff. failing which the member to whom the book was issued will be held responsible.
11. Members are not permitted to underline, write in, folding / tearing of pages or defaced books in any way whatsoever.
12. The borrowed book should be returned on or before due date, If not, overdue charge of Rs.10. per day for students will be collected.
13. Ifthe due date falls on holidays, return can be done on the following working day without fine.
14. Misbehavior in the library will lead to cancellation of membership and serious disciplinary action. [5. A member who has lost borrower’s token shall make a written report to the librarian, then original or duplicate library token will be issued on payment of Rs. 50/-
16. The members will be responsible for any loss or non return of books issued against their original or duplicate borrower’s ticket.
17. All final year students should return their library token and library book based on library circular and obtain “NO DUE CERTIFICATE” from the library for getting Hall ticket.
18. Similarly the staff members who intend to leave the college should settle all the dues and obtain “NO DUE CERTIFICATE” from the library.
EXPECTATIONS FROM STUDENTS
1. Not to leave Institute & Hostel without written permission of both the parents and the principal/HOD.
2. Be familiar with campus and Institute rules and regulations.
3. Respect Institute property and report immediately any damage to Institute property.
4. Not to introduce objectionable books, magazines or periodicals to the Institute.
5. Co-operate with the class co-coordinator in maintaining proper order and discipline, especially during change of periods when the teachers happens to be absent or late.
6. Need to submit 10 copies of Resume for Industrial training/ summer internship/ Job training/ Job, in preseribed format on demand.
7. Not to take part in unacceptable behavior such as swearing, abusive language, spitting, fighting, littering or damaging Institute property.
8. Keep classroom and campus clean.
9. Show respect toward teachers and staff members & not to engage in any kind of argument. 10, Make full use of library and maintain silence in the library at all times.
10. Accept the authority of teachers and their right to give instructions and to allocate suitable correction to those who break rules.
11. Only students with attendance above 75% can request the Institute for a preferred group/place for Internship & Job.
1. All students must wear the prescribed uniform when the Institute is in session.
2. For boys black well polished leather shoes with laces and black socks. Black trousers, Institute monogrammed shirts, small dial leather band wrist watch, ties and badges, as provided by the Institute. A clean shave is required to be entitled for the classes. Institute bags should be carried.
3. For girls black trousers or skirts, black well polished leather shoes (ballerina type), black socks, institute monogrammed shirts, small dial leather band wrist watch ties and badges, and bags as provided by the Institute.
4. All students are advised to maintain personal hygiene, wear clean and ironed uniform, maintain a decent short hair cut, have trimmed nails and avoid heavy makeup. To wear expensive jewellery or watches is not allowed. Girls may wear small stud earrings. No tattoos on visible body parts & no hair colour.
5. Jewellery worn for health purposes must be worn under the sleeves or round the neck and should not be visible from outside. Natural colour lipstick & nail-polish only 1s permissible.
A student will be issued warning slips for acts of indiscipline and non compliance of Institute rules and regulations. When the third warning slip will be issued, the parents will be asked to meet the principal / Directors.
PUNCTUALITY, ABSENCE, HYGIENE AND SICKNESS
1. Punctuality is essential at all times and students who contravene this without a valid excuse, will be
2. Attendance on the day the session opens and closes is a must.
3. Students must come to the Institute on time.
4. Absentees, on rejoining Institute, must produce a letter from their parents or guardians explaining the cause of absence before the commencement of the class. The student may not be allowed to attend classes, and the student may continue to loose attendance until the letter is produced.
5. Important medical certificates are necessary in cases of sickness for more than three days.
6. Students who are absent for more than one month are liable to have their names struck off the Institute rolls.
7. Students afflicted by infectious diseases or who are exposed to such disease in their homes must complete the quarantine period before rejoining Institute. This should be indicated on the medical certificate.
8. Students on study leave needing to meet teachers or attend tutorials, etc during Institute working days are expected to attend in Institute uniform.
9. Attendance fine if charged on any student won’t be reversed and no request will be entertained on that part.
No student is permitted to take private tuition. Whether paid or otherwise from: any faculty of the Institute.
Mobile phones, cameras, walkmans, etc.are barred. No student is permitted to bring/use a mobile phone, camera, walkman, etc, inside the Institute premises. Any of these found in the possession of a Students who are detected in giving or obtaining, or attempting to give or obtain unfair assistance or who are otherwise detected in any dishonesty whatsoever during an or test, are liable to have their results in the particulars subjected cancelled. If the student is guilty of repeating the offences he/she may subject to IVa.
The purpose of the parent- teachers meeting is to establish contact between teachers and parents. To assist the Institute and parents involving any problems of the Institute. To organize social, educational, recreational and other activities.
1. Parents are requested to check the quarterly students report which are being sent at the students residence every three month, thus signifying awareness of the students performance.
2. Parents or Guardians are not allowed to interact with teachers during class hours without the permission of the principal or vice principal. All communication regarding fees, admission. withdrawals, complaints and enquiries regarding the welfare and the progress of their ward should be made to the principal/HODs.
3. Withdrawal of student from hostel can be done with a minimum 8(eight) months prior notice.